Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cucumbers

This posting is from Monday. I haven't been able to log onto this site until yesterday so I'm doing a lot of posting of blogs I've written all week:

I took Friday off. Just needed a day, don't tell HR because I called in sick instead of calling it a personal day. I went out that night and stayed out, LATE. When I woke up Saturday morning I noticed I had missed a couple of calls and a few text messages. Two of them were from senior AP student, Reyes: "Hey, it's Reyes. Jon said maybe ud b goin into skul 2moro. If u do can u look 4 my wallet. I think i dropped it there. It's blue and one of those with a velcro strap. I'm real worried cuz it's got my license in it n stuff. Thanx" I notice he sent this to me at 12:01 a.m. Why do I give these kids my number? I send him a text telling him I wouldn't make it in but I'd look for it first thing Monday morning,he replies:"Ok thanx. I'm really buggin about it."
Sunday nite at 8:44:"Sorry to bother...but just wanted to give u a reminder abt my wallet tomorrow...thank u!" I get to work on Monday at 7:30, see no wallet. Send a text: "Sorry kiddo, no sign of ur wallet. :("
He replies: "Ummm cindy said that she saw it after i left and that she gave it to the sub...so wut wud he do with it?"
"Principal's office"
"So do I have to go get it?"
Why do I respond to these kids? "I'm not the one who left it here."
"So do I have to go get it? ...or?"
"Yes YOU have to get it, it's UR wallet. duh! And stop texting in school!"

Many funny things were said today. A note left by one of the substitutes: "Jose had cucumbers for you but we ate them." I saw Jose outside my room, his locker is right there, i asked him about the note and he held up a cucumber and said, "I love cucumbers." Then he snapped off an end of it and ate it. I cannot make this shit up. I laughed and he said, "we have a lot of them in my backyard."

Speaking about a day of silence held last year to acknowledge the difficulties of being homosexual:
Daisy: "Remember that day last year when you could shut up for gay people?"
Juan: "Shut up for gay people?"
Daisy: "Yea, you didn't talk so gay people would be respected."
Juan: "Oh yea, I remember that."

In AP Studio while drawing from still life:
Reyes: "Why am I sitting over here when I can't see the composition?"
Jon: "You say that as if you actually know what that word means." Discussion begins about a YouTube video, "Leave Britney Alone."
Jon: "It's a transvestite."
Javier: "Yea, a dude that still wants to be a dude but dresses like a woman."
Me: "Isn't that a cross-dresser?"
Jon: "Transvestite."
Javier: "Yea, cuz he still wants to be a dude."
Jon: "He hasn't gone full woman yet."
Me: "What about the guy that doesn't want to be a dude anymore?"
Nancy: "A guy that changes his wee-wee to a v-jay-jay is a transgender."
I think I've got it now.

No comments: