Friday, July 11, 2008

Milestone

Last night, for the first time since we arrived on Tuesday Contessa initiated play with Sampson. It was beautiful. We were sitting here in the green room, as it's called by Heather, the three of us. I was on the laptop with Tessa on the couch next to me and Sampson was on his bed. Very calmly, Contessa got off the couch and approached Sampson on the floor and began to sniff him. She took a step back and gave him a play-bow. "Good girl!" I told her enthusiastically and Sampson jumped up immediately. And then they played. Two big silly dogs playing lightly at first but soon bumping into each other and jumping up at each other wetting one another with their excitement created saliva.
I corralled them down the stairs and tried to lead them to the basement where there's no furniture, it's cooler, and more room. Just then Mandy called and needed more directions on where to park. The play had to stop for a moment while I took her call but it picked up again when I got them into the yard.
I was absolutely elated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.