Monday, June 9, 2008

Girl Bar

I don’t know how I got to be forty without ever experiencing a gay bar, I consider myself really open minded but have managed to get through the past twenty years attending only straight bars. I have a friend who is bi-sexual and has invited me several times to join her in attending “Girl-Bar.” This is a monthly gathering of mostly lesbians in a popular gay nightclub. Saturday night I took her up on the offer. I tried to get a straight friend to join me but it didn’t work out, so I drove out to Circuit alone and met Claudia there.

Claudia is pretty popular in this place; the go-go dancers really like her and so do a lot of women. She left me to get some drinks and was provided shots of tequila by some new friends at the bar. At one point a really cute little Latina wearing only jeans and a push up bra walked near us and Claudia said to her, "wow, that bra looks really good on you. You are so hot." The girl replied, "You’re really hot too." And they started making out.

I'm cracking up and ask Claudia's friend, Monica, if this happens a lot and she said, "to Claudia, yep." A 6 foot tall late 40's lesbian started flirting really heavy with me and I broke her heart when I told her I wasn't gay. "Why? Why do I always fall for the straight ones?" She asked. Claudia and Monica rescued me by dragging me on the dance floor. I've never been touched by so many people in my life. Literally touched, my waist, my hips, my stomach, my ass... and I was not even offended. If it were men I’d be all pissed off but I didn't care. I was completely comfortable.

I worked really hard at getting Claudia sober enough to drive home for an hour or so, we left at about 2...something? Outside a really gay man ogled at me on the sidewalk and I was really confused by that. I'm pretty curvy, what was up? Claudia explained how gender doesn't matter when people are only interested in sex. She told me that when she attends gay night (men) she has to sometimes hide in the bathroom to get away from all the men. “They tell me I look like a cute little boy.” Go figure.

No comments: