Sunday, November 2, 2008

Obama Rally

On Tuesday I received an Email from the Obama people inviting me to the Election rally in Grant Park. I'm on their mailing list because I bought a cool magnet for my car from them, an Obama T-shirt, and have given several times to the campaign. I was so excited to receive the invite that minutes afterward I was filling in the blanks to get my ticket emailed to me.

All I've heard from them since is requests for more money. I'm trying not hold this against Barack, I know he's not in charge of his email. But I can't help but feel a bit slighted. I'm sure there are people who gave more to his campaign, but are there any who have started as heated an email fight between they and their brothers over Obamam? Whatever...

I don't care...I just wanted to be there with everyone else who cares as much about this election as I do. Wether he wins or loses I wanted to be in the spot where it was felt most. The joy or the sadness. I wanted to feel it.

And now, I don't even have my magnet anymore. Guess it'll be me in my vintage style Obama t-shirt at a bar somewhere biting my fingernails until the end.

No comments: