Friday, August 15, 2008

$127.00

I found another $17.oo in front of my house on the sidewalk a week ago. Add that to the first $20 bill I found and the other $20 bill I found in front of Heather's house and the $70.00 I got for trading in a gold chain I found on the crosswalk in Oak Park and I have earned a total of $127.00 this summer by looking at my feet.

Now I'm kind of expecting it. I'll even get a little mad if I don't find any more. Especially since when I took the gold chain in for cash I asked about how much I could get for my wedding ring. The high bid? $600.00. Not as heartbreaking as the divorce but still painful. I paid nearly $2500.00 for those stones.

I've spent waaaaay more money on myself this summer than ever in the past. I estimate a total of $3500.00 on eating and drinking out, salon and beauty fees, new clothes and shoes, lingerie and entertaining. I used to think I should pitch in on dates, even the first one. But now when I evaluate how much I have to spend to look the way I do I have changed my mind. What does a guy spend on looking good? How many times does he change his outfit before heading out the door to meet a girl? Does he even worry if his nails are in good shape? His legs are smooth?

Also, do guys even notice if a girl's outfit is in style or does he really only care how the body inside it looks? And my underwear...is it as important as I think it is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we definitely notice when a woman is wearing an amazing outfit. :) Also, we do make sure we look good when meeting, even if it means changing a few times. We even ask our friends and family if it looks right.